Here is the installation tutorial showing how to install our CarPlay unit into the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio Models (2016-2019).
- 1 * Trim removal tool
- 1 * T20 and T30 screwdriver
- 1 * T10 screwdriver (some models require removal of the glovebox)
- In the drivers footwell, unscrew the two securing bolts holding the kick panel
2. For easier access, remove the cubby hole storage unit by removing the securing screws
3. The head unit is now accessible
4. Below the head unit, there is one retaining screw, remove it and pull out head unit to access the connections on the rear.
5. Remove the large black 48 pin (Quadlock) connector from the rear of the head unit
6. Disconnect the video cable (LVDS) from rear of head unit
7. Connect the CarPlay unit main Quadlock to the back of the head unit
8. Connect the mating Quadlock on the CarPlay unit harness to the original Alfa Romeo Quadlock you previously removed from the head unit. If there is a MOST fibre optic line in the Alfa Romeo Quadlock, transfer it to the new Quadlock that will be installed into head unit.
9. Connect the “LVDS OUT” connector on the CarPlay unit display harness to the original Alfa Romeo connector you previously removed from the head unit
10. Insert the “LVDS IN” connector on the CarPlay unit display harness to the head unit
11. Connect the white POWER and LVDS cables to the CarPlay unit as well as the microphone – run the mic to the overhead console built routing it from the glovebox area, up along the inside of the door seal, along the inside of the roof lining where it meets the windscreen to the overhead console. Ensure it is routed behind any airbag wiring (if fitted), this will provide a hidden discrete installation.
12. Connect the WIFI antenna to the CarPlay unit
13. Before Re-assembly, check you can switch to the CarPlay unit interface by pressing MENU for 2 seconds
14. if you prefer wired operation, it is possible to utilise the OEM Alfa Romeo USB port in the centre console. To do this you need to remove the USB interface panel (your panel may be slightly different):